Research Analyst - Richmond, CA
Branch ID: 3204
Chevron is one of our primary customer's and is seeking a Research Analyst to support the lube and fuel additives lab within the Oronite Products and Technology business level in Richmond, CA. The position will be responsible for managing the day to day technical laboratory support of additive synthesis, process engineering, and performance/analytical testing.
• The main function of an operations research analyst is to analyze samples and run chemical reactions.
• The position will be responsible for managing the day to day technical laboratory support of additive synthesis, process engineering, and performance/analytical testing.
• The position requires working frequently on non-routine tasks of broadly outlined assignments involving a wide range of chemistries and product line application.
• The position is dynamic and requires a mix of laboratory skills depending on the project business need.
• Candidate must maintain a high degree of independence and responsibility, reliability and accountability in planning and reporting laboratory experiments.
• Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with senior chemists/engineers in the Components Team to maximize productivity by applying special skills and experience routinely and by drawing on knowledge and skills of other experienced personnel. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Organize in-coming samples, analyze them, submit them for external testing, compile data, and draw conclusions.
-Set up and run chemical reactions.
-Based on experiments, determine optimum experimental conditions to achieve objectives.
-Keep lab in organized manner and making sure it meets compliance requirements.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
· Working frequently on non-routine tasks of broadly outlined assignments involving a wide range of chemistries and applications.
· Using a mix of laboratory skills depending on the project business need.
· Maintain a high degree of independence, responsibility, reliability, and accountability in planning and reporting laboratory experiments.
· Communicate clearly and effectively. ·
Apply special skills and experience routinely, and draw on knowledge and skills of other research engineers/chemists.
-Wet Chemistry, infrared testing experience
-Chemistry/organic chemistry analysis experience
-Chemical reaction testing using glassware experience
Please register at www.mystaffmark.com
Bachelor's degree in a science field such as chemistry, biology, biochemistry required. 0-2 years of chemistry lab experience required. Experience utilizing MS Excel and Word required. Experience working in a safety sensitive position/environment required. Good attitude toward safety required. Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills. Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Not Specified Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Richmond, CA
Position Type: Not Specified Position
Date Posted: 10/23/2018