Maintenance Technician - Doswell, VA
Branch ID: 2225
Pay Rate/Salary: $29.00 - $31.00
Staffmark has a great opportunity in the Doswell, VA area for a Maintenance Technician Mechanic. This is a direct hire opportunity with full benefits. Responsible to maintain and troubleshoot machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic, hydraulic conveyor systems, PLCs, HMIs and high speed packaging machines for plant machines. Pay based on experience.
Hours: Monday to Thursday, 12 pm to 8:30 pm with possible OT on Friday.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Supervision, Job Knowledge and Productivity
- Conducts preventative maintenance on machines. Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Troubleshoots equipment in a timely manner.
- Maintains equipment to maximize uptime and efficiencies.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Other duties assigned by management
Proven experience as a mechanic. Communicate effectively. Able to adapt to changes. Manage and work well with others. Computer skills.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Doswell, VA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 10/31/2018