Financial Analyst - Memphis, TN
Branch ID: 2278
We are working with a large company who has a headquarter office in Germantown. They are looking for a Financial Analyst for a temporary to possible hire opportunity. The Financial Analyst provides basic accounting and finance support for the business while following established procedures with direction from department leadership.
This is first shift work, full time, Monday through Friday with overtime as needed. We do offer all temporary employees the ability to enroll into benefits, direct deposit and hourly/weekly pay.
· Perform semi-complex balance sheet reconciliations (Inventory, Warranty, AR, and AP).
· Compile and analyze account information and trends as directed; exercising some judgment and insight in the process.
· Prepare data for consolidated financial statements following established procedures (Sales, COGS, InterCo AR/AP, Headcount, Units, Order Intake and Backlog).
Follow established procedures to provide timely and accurate accounting support for the following as directed:
· Sales and COGS
· Fixed Assets
· Accounts receivable and payable
· Expense Accruals
· Departmental spend vs budget reporting
· Prepare R&D project cost report
· Sales and use tax return
· Tax State Apportionment reports
· Accounting records.
· Prepare data for 1099s
- Maintain accounting procedures, controls and documentation according to company policy.
- Assist with preparing balance sheets, P & L statements and analyze the results.
- Work with business partners to develop reports and provide analysis of information as directed.
- Maintain forecasting models and analysis as directed.
- Help implement internal controls and process improvements to improve organization performance and transparency.
- Support the audit and tax teams with data and analysis as directed.
- Help develop and maintain reports via the company's accounting system and BI tools as directed.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and other training opportunities.
- Set an example for engagement, safety and personal performance.
- Work and support effectively as a team player.
- Perform special projects, analysis and other duties as directed.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance 2+ years of experience in an accounting department performing closing duties, working on forecasts, budget experience, general P&L knowledge, and basic audit and tax understanding Ability to work in a fast pace environment on multiple projects at once with little to no supervision Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word and Excel Attention to detail Accomplish goals and meet deadlines
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Memphis, TN
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 11/01/2018