Machine Operator - Winsted, CT
Branch ID: 5033
Pay Rate/Salary: $18.00 - $21.00
Shot Peen Operator - Immediate Opportunity!
1st Shift - 6am to 2:30pm
$18 to $21 Per Hour Based On Experience
Responsibilities Will Consist Of:
- Sets up and operates shot-peening equipment to shallow form and improve stress tolerance of flight vehicle metal surfaces, according to specifications: Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, work orders, and other documentation to determine layout of specific areas to be shot-peened, sequence of operations, and finish specifications.
- Lays out and marks areas to be shot-peened on test specimen or part, using measuring and marking instruments, or fits template over part, scribes pattern, and peels away masking compound to expose areas to be treated.
- Mounts part on jig, rotary table, or in shot-peening cabinet.
- Fills hopper with specific size and type shot.
- Sets up, operates, and adjusts shot-peening equipment to achieve specified contour on test specimen or part.
- Measures and checks test specimen or part to verify conformance to specifications and to determine required equipment adjustments, using measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Records data on equipment settings and adjustments, such as feed rate, nozzle angles and oscillation, number and size of nozzles required, shot size, and air or vacuum pressure settings, to be used for subsequent operation and to develop numerical control programming data.
- Loads control media, such as computer tape, in control console of equipment, or enters commands to retrieve control instructions from computer data base to operate equipment automatically.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to Sara Stevenson-Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-903-0856.
Previous manufacturing experience. MUST have previous shot peen experience.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Winsted, CT
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 11/02/2018