Human Resources Generalist - Irvine, CA
Branch ID: 5148
Pay Rate/Salary: $24.00 - $26.00
Manufacturing company now hiring Human Resources Generalist in Irvine. Must have 2-4 years of experience in this role and must be bilingual English/Spanish.
Under direct general direction from the Human Resources Manager, handles routine and complex human resources function for the assigned plant. Assists and coaches management and regular employees with HR concerns, policy interpretations and procedures. Has general oversight of staffing service on-site team. Conducts workplace investigations. Recommends effective solutions for addressing workplace issues and corrective action in accordance with personnel policy and applicable laws. Participates in planning and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Assists in the administration and implementation across the board of human resources functions including but not limited to: recruiting, payroll, employment, compensation, benefits, reporting, performance management, and compensation.
- Oversees and coordinates day to day function between Company and agency on-site representatives including recruiting, attendance, performance, training, counseling and cancellations.
- Works with leadership ensure proper levels of staffing.
- Works closely with Operations to facilitate personnel, training, and management of workforce. Responsible for managing coordinate employee fills, employee inter-department movements, training documentation, and other mutual areas of interest.
- Actively engages in promoting and implementing positive employee relation and recognition programs.
- Actively involved in employee conflict resolution. Participates in employee relations investigations and other sensitive employee matters. May counsel employees and leadership.
- Prepares internal employee communications regarding compensation, benefits, or company policies.
- Perform workplace injury administrative duties
- Assists with performance reviews and worker retention efforts.
- Provides input for training and development of workers, annual training needs assessment, developing the annual training plan, and assists implementation.
- Consults with HR Manager keeping HR Manager abreast of all activities and concerns touching the HR arena.
- Stays current on federal and state legislation. Keeps abreast of current and new developments in HR.
Education and Experience
- 2-4 years experience with high levels of responsibility to include employee management and team leadership.
- HR Generalist Certification , PHR or any HR related certificate preferred
- Experience in conflict resolution
- College studies or Bachelor's degree preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communications skills including verbal, written and presentation.
- Fully bilingual English Spanish: speak, read and write
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to partner and build relationships with managers and employees at all levels.
- Effective working with high degree of individual autonomy in a very diverse working environment.
- Ability to build team morale and promote corporate culture.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information; can be trusted to maintain confidentiality; positive attitude·
- Solid knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task well, establish priorities and work independently.
- Reliable source of good ideas, programs, and other solutions that strengthen the people and organizational aspects of the business
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook)
- Strong customer service mentality
Must be fully bilingual English/Spanish Must have 2-4 years of experience
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Human Resources Generalist
City, State or Zip Code: Irvine, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 11/05/2018