Call Center Specialist - Houston, TX
Branch ID: 5052
Pay Rate/Salary: $15.00 - $16.50
Asurion is expanding! Be the first to work in a NEW call center! New Asurion Call Center opening on West Sam Houston Parkway in February. APPLY NOW to secure your spot for an interview!
Why Asurion? Work at the best company in Houston!
- Monthly Bonus Incentives
- Extensive paid training
- Professional, supportive and fun culture
- Full Time Direct Hire positions
- Great pay
- Fantastic work atmosphere
- Awesome Asurion benefits - full company benefits after 31 days
- Vacation/Holiday pay
- Medical Insurance (health, dental, vision) on day 31 of employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Many opportunities for growth within the company
Technical Support Representative
Handling incoming calls or messages from customers that need to set up new devices. They will also perform basic troubleshooting and claim support as necessary, including, but not limited to, app and email account set up, device activation, device set up, claim status support, and factory data reset. The expert must be able to use knowledge management systems, client systems, and other diagnostic tools to resolve issues. In this role, the expert will be responsible for providing a distinctive customer service experience. This support will encompass mobile hand held devices, tablets, computers and other consumer electronics.
- $15.00 -$16.50hr (Bilingual $1.00 more an hour)
- + monthly bonus opportunities up to $600/month!
- Must be available for any shift between 6am-4am any day of the week.
- Take incoming calls or messages from customers regarding their mobile devices, tablets, computers, and/or other consumer electronics
- Assist customers with device set up and device education on mobile devices, tablets, computers and/or other consumer electronics
- Provide customer with logical trouble shooting to resolve operation issues on mobile devices, tablets, computers and/or other consumer electronics
- Using processes outlined and available tools, achieve First Call resolution standards
- Provide a value added experience with outstanding customer service
- Maintain quality call standards as trained
- Comply with a schedule of shift times, break, and lunch hour times
- Must be available for any shift between 6am-4am any day of the week
- Maintain an average monthly response time standard
- Proactively find new technology trends and solutions for knowledge base
Skills and Specifications:
- The ability to learn how to identify, analyze and resolve hardware and software issues on consumer electronics is required
- The ability to learn how to correct OS errors, resolve internet connectivity issues, and address compatibility issues across all platforms
- Must be able to learn to be adept at device activation, setup, enhancement, restoration and deletion.
- Must be able to explain and upsell our product offerings to eligible customers
- Must be able to learn understanding of wireless operating systems such as Android, Apple iOS, Blackberry, and Windows phone
- Must possess the ability to identify, analyze and resolve issues related to mobile handheld devices and tablets
- Requires a problem-solving aptitude as demonstrated by experience in successfully troubleshooting a variety of consumer electronics and computer issues
- Requires a highly proactive customer service mindset that is adaptive to varying customer technical skill level
1+ years experience in call center environment or customer service position. Strong communications skills. VERY good job tenure. Must be able to commute (30 minute max) to our NEW Northwest Houston call center to work each day - NOT a work from home position. The ability to engage with customers effectively. Familiarity using knowledge based systems (KMS) to deliver technical support. Strong telephone and customer service skills. Passion for technology. Strong grammar and typing skills. Experience delivering technical support preferred.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Call Center Specialist
City, State or Zip Code: Houston, TX
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 11/28/2018