Banking and Financial Researcher - Menlo Park, CA
Branch ID: 5549
Working with a large organization that assists a multinational investment banking and financial services company in Menlo Park is looking for a Researcher to join the team. This company is really looking for someone that wants to grow their knowledge in this field and loves being in a fast paced environment.
In this role, you'll be responsible for providing research and administrative support for the team's internal Investment Banking and Financial Analysts as well as other members of the team. The Researcher will work on projects alongside investment bankers that will give them exposure to a behind the scene perspective of the banking world.
• Being involved in secondary research for financial and statistical data on companies and different industries
• Bloomberg data and research
• Stock ownership data
• M&A deal specific information and statistics
• SDC analysis (premium paid and fee analysis)
• Ability to handle changing priorities with efficiency and accuracy, including coordination with offshore delivery team supporting similar efforts.
• Ability to proactively manage priorities and initiative to seek out additional responsibilities
• Strong work ethic, persistence until the job gets done and great multi-tasking required
• Knowledge of economics, finance and/or accounting is preferred
• Undergraduate in Library Sciences, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, or Statistics. MBA or CFA (any Level) a plus
• BA/CA with 1-2 years of experience in financial research and analysis. Experience in working with financial services and related organizations including brokerage firms, third party research outfits, investment banks, private equity firms, corporate finance firms, etc.
Database/Research skills: Exposure to any of the following data sources
- Alacra IHS CERA
- Bloomberg ISI Emerging Markets
- Business Monitor Lexis Nexis
- Capital IQ ORBIS
- DataStream Pacer
Undergraduate in Library Sciences, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, or Statistics. MBA or CFA (any Level) a plus
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Menlo Park, CA
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Banking and Financial Researcher
City, State or Zip Code: Menlo Park, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 11/28/2018