Controls Engineer - York, PA
Branch ID: 2278
Staffmark is hiring a Controls Engineer in York!
- Create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation, testing and start-up
- System monitoring, debugging and troubleshooting operational problems
- Specify, design and build programs to be installed on the equipment
- Select and configure other automation devices, such as VFDs for automation/control
- Modify existing programs from customer requirements
- Provide guidance to Field Service Engineers in programming, repair, installation and maintenance of PLC systems
- Provide technical support in developing and improving processes
- Performs other duties as required
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field preferred. 5 or more years experience in PLC programming required. Proficiency with multiple manufacturers automation hardware and software including, but not limited to, Allen Bradley and B and R. Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes preferred. Experience reading and modifying electrical control schematics. Knowledge of safety protocols. Knowledge of servo motion controls systems and or robot motion control. Ability to generate problem solutions, serve as an advisor, develop operating procedures, and influence other employees' work to some extent. Ability to travel up to 25 percent.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: York, PA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 11/28/2018