Legal Administrative Assistant - San Ramon, CA
Branch ID: 3204
Pay Rate/Salary: Up to: $30.00
Chevron is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to support a group of attorneys within their Law Business Unit in San Ramon, CA.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Responsibilities for Legal Administrative Assistant may include:
• Handles all administrative assistant responsibilities for assigned attorneys and legal analysts, including managing calendars in Outlook, coordinating meeting logistics, preparing pre-read, creating presentations, editing documents, revising contracts, updating matters in the matter management system, setting up new vendors, processing invoices, preparing correspondence, etc.
• Coordinates domestic and international travel logistics. Prepares detailed itineraries. Provides background information for meetings and trips. Tracks and gathers related expenses and compiles expense reports.
• Sets up and maintains files, processes invoices and performs general clerical duties.
• Maintains effective communications with peers, attorneys, managers and leaders.
• Provides back-up/relief to other legal assistants.
• Litigation experience.
• Experience with SharePoint.
• Experience planning domestic and international travel strongly preferred.
• Experience with e-billing and matter management.
• Experience setting up vendors in a payment system.
8-10 years secretarial and administrative experience within an Enterprise or corporate environment required. Secretarial and administrative experience within a law firm or in-house legal department. Must maintain confidentiality at all times. Able to effectively communicate written and oral with all levels of the organization to effectively convey ideas. Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize and meet deadlines. Able to multi-task, anticipate needs and follow through on assigned tasks. Experience maintaining calendars, organizing and maintaining office files, scheduling meetings, and making travel arrangements. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are crucial. Able to problem solve and use good judgment in making sound decisions quickly. Proficiency in MS office applications: Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, advanced in Word.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
San Ramon, CA
Admin - Clerical
Not Specified Position
Admin - Clerical
Apply for this Position
Legal Administrative Assistant
City, State or Zip Code: San Ramon, CA
Position Type: Not Specified Position
Date Posted: 11/29/2018