Buyer - Austin, TX
Branch ID: 5550
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare and convert purchase orders from approved requisitions.
- Purchase goods and services in line with specified cost, quality, delivery target
focused on defined Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
- Support the purchasing function and stakeholders communicating any supply challenges
which may impact on business operations.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing
processes and new projects and activities.
- Contact suppliers to resolve all queries through error management reconciliation.
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organization.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
- Conduct research for new supplier evaluation towards customer satisfaction.
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience across procurement commodities. i.e. IT, Business Services &
- Has working knowledge of commonly-used procurement concepts, practices, and
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost
ERP / P2P procurement system management exposure beneficial
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Supply Chain - Logistics
Temp to Hire Position
Supply Chain - Logistics
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Austin, TX
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 11/30/2018