Legal Proofreader - Phoenix, AZ
Branch ID: 5114
Pay Rate/Salary: $16.00 - $18.00
Staffmark is hiring a Legal Proofreader in Phoenix!
MUST HAVE LEGAL EXPERIENCE! PREFERABLY THOSE WHO HAVE A JURIS DOCTORATE, HAVE DONE PARALEGAL WORK, OR EDITORIAL WORK!
- Reviews work performed by Operators against client submissions to ensure proper placement of inserts, edits, tables and other documentation
- Proofread converted documents against originals to ensure accurate conversion and to identify any missing text
- Measures dimensions, spacing and positioning of page elements to verify adherence to client guidelines.
- Performs full read/word-for-word proofreading of client submitted materials
- Marks errors using standardized proofreading marks
- Returns marked proof to Operators for correction
- Checks corrected proof against prior copy to ensure all corrections were made accurately
- Conduct separate checks for format, text accuracy and statistical data
- Ensure that content of document is accurate, clear and complete and that the material is organized logically
Available to work 11pm-7:30am Sat-Wed. Office is located within Central Phoenix
1-5 years of experience performing proofreading in a professional services environment. Fundamental-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other DPS core applications. Familiarity with legal terminology and a variety of citation and brief formats used in legal work. Knowledge of current formats and citation protocols (The Chicago Manual of Style, The Bluebook and California Style Manual). Strong written and verbal communication skills, including an expert level knowledge of English language, grammar, spelling.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Phoenix, AZ
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 12/14/2018