Product Costing and Development Coordinator - Montebello, CA
Branch ID: 3212
Pay Rate/Salary: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00
Start the New Year with an awesome new job for a fast-growing organization with lots of opportunity. Great family owned business/company culture that has been in the textile industry for many years and works with high-end customers and retailers to put out high-quality textiles like bedding and sporting gear. This is a DIRECT HIRE position with benefits. Bilingual Mandarin a plus. Must be a dynamic person looking to roll up their sleeves and get the job done.
Responsible for retail ready product costing and material component costing.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Create product cost sheets based on quote requests from Sales.
- Communicate specification details and quote requests to overseas suppliers to get pricing on retail ready product and material components.
- Coordinate product sample requests from overseas suppliers.
- Coordinate with suppliers on lead times for new product or large promotions.
- When applicable negotiate pricing with overseas suppliers.
- Set up pricing in costing database and update pricing as necessary.
- Coordinate product rollouts and program expansions.
- Coordinate production details between overseas factories and sales or customers to ensure timelines are met.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare special product id labeling for sales presentation and customer QA samples.
- Manage quote requests timelines and deliver quote sheets on or before assigned due dates.
- Manage pre-production sample request timelines and provide status updates on a regular basis
Work Hours: 40 Hours per week 8:30am to 5:00pm. There may be occasional after-hours work required when communicating with overseas factories.
Associate degree in business or related discipline is required. Excellent written and verbal communication kills. Knowledge of manufacturing of textile finished products a plus. Must be detail oriented and able to multi task and meet tight deadlines. Bilingual: English / Mandarin Chinese Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, required. Oracle (or AS400) experience preferred; if none must become proficient within 30 days of hire on our ERP system. Training on use of costing database will be provided. Must become proficient within 30 days of hire.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Product Costing and Development Coordinator
City, State or Zip Code: Montebello, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 12/31/2018