Administrative Manager - New York, NY
Branch ID: 5100
Pay Rate/Salary: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00
Staffmark is hiring an Administrative Supervisor / Manager!
The Supervisor manages the administrative activities of the firm through scheduling and coordinating projects and special assignments from upper management with subordinate staff, as well as overseeing a staff of 35+ Administrative Assistants in NYC, and virtually in Phoenix and other US locations. Assignments generally involve work of a confidential nature and require knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, company products, policies and programs. Position calls for initiative, independence, and compliance.
- Supervise and manage staff of 35+ Administrative Assistants to include scheduling, payroll, employee relations, annual reviews, etc.
- Direct the work of the administrative professional staff ensuring efficiency through effective utilization of assigned resources, evaluating and updating office procedures and devising alternative methods to improve workflow
- Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day operations of the group, assign work regularly, monitor and review process and accuracy of work and provide technical guidance on more complex issues
- Obtain and provide information related to short and long range objectives, policies, procedures and practices requiring detailed knowledge of department and/or company policies and procedures
- Oversee business process analysis, reporting and control activities
- Screen and interview job applicants and provide orientation and training of new employees: develop training opportunities for incumbents
- Ensure team provides outstanding service to their Executives, while building strong relationships
- Improve the processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR), through improvements as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions • Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence
- May be called upon to assist with administrative duties and special projects
7-10 years of experience in a legal or financial services environment, specifically related to managing the administrative services function. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to successfully lead a large team of staff in a complex, and demanding environment. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel is required. Strong planning and decision-making skills to develop and implement office programs. Strong leadership skills to train, mentor, provide work guidance. Good judgment and problem-solving skills. Strong attention to detail as well as solid organization/time management skills. Enthusiastic team player with a positive attitude who works well with others. Highly motivated, proactive and confident decision-maker and creative problem-solver. Detail oriented and focused on client service. Strong initiative and ability to start on tasks with minimal direct guidance. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Excels at operating in a fast paced environment. Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
New York, NY
Admin - Clerical
Direct Hire Position
Admin - Clerical
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: New York, NY
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 1/02/2019