Shipping and Receiving Clerk - Northport, AL
Branch ID: 2207
Pay Rate/Salary: $13.00 - $15.00
This position is responsible for the safety of themselves and others by adhering to all safety policies and procedures. This position's primary function is to act as shipping and receiving coordinator of inbound goods and outbound finished products. As coordinator, this person holds a key role in warehouse inventory and finished goods tracking. They must be able to follow SAP procedures and have a good understanding of the system and its functions as related to their area of responsibility.
- Proper handling of Shipping/Receiving paperwork per SAP and local procedures.
- Produces and maintains shipping tickets and labels and verifies they are correct prior to shipment.
- Notifies the shipping coordinator of any discrepancies as related to improper shipping, material labeling, inventory discrepancies
- Keeps an accurate log of finished goods in stock.
- Works with scheduling and delivery of goods in a timely manner.
- Receipt of inbound materials including raw materials, operating supplies, equipment and bulk transfers; transfer of these to their appropriate storage locations/areas following appropriate procedures.
- Loading of outbound finished goods, intermediates, raw materials, bulk, and/or small packages.
- Verifies that all received material receipts are collected and forwarded to the proper person and/or department.
- Performs safety inspections of items such as eyewash, ladders, emergency lighting and any additional safety responsibilities delegated to them.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment in warehouses and assigned work areas.
- Handle hazardous and non-hazardous waste in accordance with all policies. Keep waste areas neat and orderly. Minimize the generation of waste at all times
Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED. 2+ Years Experience in warehousing and inventory control. Experienced in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Special Requirements: Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have good math skills, including the ability to work with fractions, decimals and percentages. Must have experience using SAP, System Applications Products. Must be able to maintain an excellent attendance record. Must be flexible to work any shift and overtime as business requires. Must be self-motivated and able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Must be able to operate a forklift and other equipment as trained. Drug screen.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Apply for this Position
Shipping and Receiving Clerk
City, State or Zip Code: Northport, AL
Position Type: Temporary Position
Date Posted: 1/02/2019