Manufacturing Engineer - Berlin, CT
Branch ID: 593
Pay Rate/Salary: $55,000.00 - $85,000.00
Staffmark is working with a reputable Aerospace company in CT that is looking for a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the quotation, creation, documentation and improvement of an optimized machining process and supporting fixtures that will result in the complex precision aerospace component that continuously achieves the customer's blue print and quality requirements. Must employee standard aerospace machining principles, work with exotic aerospace materials and tight customer's tolerances.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain manufacturing methods, create process routings and operation sheets.
- Modeling in a CAD/CAM system. Unigraphics / NX preferred.
- Ability to develop the sequential and accurate machining process steps to form a complex precision aerospace component that meets the customer's requirements from a raw piece of metal or forging/casting.
- Design and procure necessary tools and fixtures within budgets
- Conduct cost / benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment.
- Drive Process Improvement / Cycle Time Reduction initiatives and drive productivity improvements via process changes or process improvements.
- Identify and reduce sources of labor inefficiency and process variations.
- Provide professional and approved communications to customer and supplier technical representatives regarding technical issues.
- Drive production improvements including work cell development and linkage & flow methodology.
- Lead high impact process and quality improvement projects yielding significant reduction in defects and increased productivity in the Cell.
- Utilize lean-manufacturing principles to improve process capability, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
- Responsibility for the basic quoting of all (RFQ) request for quotations requested by the customers.
4-year Engineering degree or equivalent work experience. Minimum 5 years experiences as a Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineer in an aerospace part/component machining environment.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Berlin, CT
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 1/03/2019