Ring Fabricator - San Diego, CA
Branch ID: 3222
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Set up and operate expanding machine and equipment to effectively size metal rings and parts to appropriate dimensions.
• Prepare material or part for expanding process, including use of heat treat operation.
• Operate and monitor the operation of heat treat furnace.
• Sets and operates automatic controls, observes gauges and operates gas furnace used to round and expand, temper or anneal metal parts.
• Adjusts controls to maintain temperatures and heating times using charts, dials and gauges of furnaces.
• Collect temperature sensing data and hold planned tolerances according to written work instructions.
• Understand, calculate and determine the final dimensions of expanded material or part.
• Perform grinding functions using hand tools to remove excess weld or slag.
• Follow general instruction from work traveler to determine proper processing specifications.
• Load part into heat treat furnace and onto expanding machine using protective equipment and forklift when appropriate.
• Observe all safety precautions during expanding process.
• May operate machine that bends metal structural shapes, such as bars, strips and rods to specified angles or contour.
• May perform two or more processes involving ring fabrication, including but not limited to: grinding, rounding, hot forming, expanding and/or flash welding.
• Demonstrate ability to appear for work on time, work overtime when necessary, follow directions from a supervisor, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow work rules and procedures, work safely, comply with corporate policies, goals and objectives, accept constructive feedback, establish goals and objectives and exhibit initiative and commitment.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
High school diploma/GED preferred. 2+ years of industry or similar experience. Experience with machines and hand tools. Ability to monitor and control machine operation. Ability to move, install, position and handle material, including hot parts. Ability to quickly move hand(s) together with arm to grasp, manipulate or assemble objects. Ability to read, understand and calculate necessary information from the written instructions
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
San Diego, CA
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: San Diego, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 1/07/2019