Metal Adjuster - San Diego, CA
Branch ID: 3222
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Set-up, adjust and operate machine controls to position tools or regulate cutting depth, speed, feed or coolant flow to produce precision metal parts and materials as specified by work order, blueprints, drawing, templates or layout.
· Determines specifications or procedures for tooling set-up, machine operation, work-piece dimensions or numerical control sequences using blueprints, instructions and machine knowledge.
· Mounts, aligns and secures tooling, attachments and work-piece on machine chuck.
· Start and stop automatic operation of numerical control machine parts or test setup, work-piece dimensions or programming.
· Monitor and maintain machines during use in order to diagnose machine malfunctions, need for adjustments or repairs. Such as need to adjust speeds, feeds and RPM's.
· May perform routine machine maintenance.
· Ensure proper dimensions of finished material to ensure conformance to specifications.
· May clean machine, tooling and parts and area surrounding machine in accordance with 5S procedures.
· May adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machine malfunctions.
· Demonstrate ability to appear for work on time, follow directions from a supervisor, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow work rules and procedures, comply with corporate policies, goals and objectives, accept constructive criticism and exhibit initiative and commitment.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
High school diploma/GED preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Vocational training a plus. 1+ year of experience with similar work experience in manufacturing. Knowledge of machines and tools. Ability to control operations of equipment and watch gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure machine is working properly. Ability to read blueprints, drawings or templates. Ability to move, install, position and handle materials.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
San Diego, CA
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: San Diego, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 1/07/2019