Compounder - San Fernando, CA
Branch ID: 3216
Pay Rate/Salary: $14.00 - $15.00
Responsible for using equipment to manufacture gelatin and product to be encapsulated ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing processes.
- Receives bulk materials, weighs and subdivides materials in strict accordance with manufacturing procedures; loads into automatic equipment and makes necessary adjustments to ensure proper mix of ingredients, and monitors the production flow including gelatin receiver temperatures to ensure finished product meets production standards.
- Ensures equipment and working area meets all required sanitary standards; uses small hand tools to disassemble pumps, receivers, mixers and other equipment, cleans according to set procedures, and reassembles prior to mixing a new batch of product.
- Maintains required logs and other batch records accurately and completely; uses computer to enter data, and make routine inquiries as necessary.
- Operates drum lifter to lift drums in production process, fork lift and/or pallet jack to transport raw materials or finished product, and scales to weigh bulk materials when necessary.
- Prepares outside vendors orders; gathers materials in accordance with schedules; transfers products to new containers as necessary; and packages for shipping.
- Performs all duties in compliance with safety rules, standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires 6 months of manufacturing experience. Prior experience as a compounder or blending operator is preferred. A complete working knowledge of the manufacturing procedures for producing gelatin products is preferred.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
San Fernando, CA
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: San Fernando, CA
Position Type: Temporary Position
Date Posted: 1/08/2019