Forklift Reach Operator - Las Vegas, NV
Branch ID: 5064
Pay Rate/Salary: $12.00 - $14.00
- Responsible for operating powered equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting product.
- Responsible for checking all inbound and outbound products.
- Ensures products are free of damage and infestation, product code dates are properly recorded and products match customer requirements.
- Load, unload, move, stock, and stage products and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment 80% of specified shift.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment ensuring the exact number and types of product is loaded.
- Keep appropriate records and reports for inventory accuracy.
- Comply with all OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Verify load accuracy; check the load count, stability, and product damage, Report variances as necessary.
- Changes equipment battery or LP tank and monitors power source as necessary.
- Maintain the facility's equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Complete daily inspection of equipment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management or customer.
Key Relationships: Peers - Work with peers in order to complete warehouse functions accurately. Group Coord Lead - Receive work assignments and training. Management - Receive direction for adhering to company policies, practices, and procedures.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent is desirable. Forklift operator certificate or satisfactory completion of a forklift-training program within the first 30 days of employment is essential.
Experience: Six months warehouse experience and six months forklift operation experience is desirable.
Knowledge/Skills: Ability to spend 80% of time operating powered material handling equipment. Basic familiarity with the warehousing. Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work specified shifts. Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules. Ability to read, understand, and follow directions/instructions.
Desirable skills: Working knowledge of warehouse management system equipment. Working Conditions: Rarely (0-2%) Pushing (100 lbs), Pulling (100 lbs), Lifting (100 lbs), Carrying (100 lbs), Climbing, and Kneeling. Occasional (3-33%) - Walking. Constant (67-100%) - Sitting, Standing, Vision (near, far, depth, and peripheral), Operation of equipment (forklift and other power equipment).
Working Conditions: 90% inside, 10% outside. Others conditions include: Wet/Humid, Hazards (the work involves risks or discomforts, e.g. working around moving parts and equipment), Safety Equipment (some safety precautions and/or the use of protective safety equipment), Odors, Chemical Exposure (may be exposed to hazardous materials), Other (may require compliance with OSHA regulations or MSDS standards).
Please apply online at www.staffmark.com and email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent is desirable. Forklift operator certificate or satisfactory completion of a forklift-training program within the first 30 days of employment is essential.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Las Vegas, NV
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Forklift Reach Operator
City, State or Zip Code: Las Vegas, NV
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 1/10/2019