Receiving and Shipping Clerk - Watsonville, CA
Branch ID: 3726
Pay Rate/Salary: $13.00 - $16.50
Staffmark has partnered with a top notch major local employer to find the best of the best Shipping and Receiving clerks. Are you looking for a new career with upward mobility as a goal. This is a temporary to hire position for the right candidate.
You will verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Material Handling and Forklift Operations are key to this position.
- 5am to 2:30pm
- 10am to 6pm
- 3:00pm to 11:30pm
Pay: $13 to 16.50/hr DOE
How to get started with us at Staffmark:
- Apply at www.mystaffmark.com
- Text or call me for an appointment (831) 262-1957
- or email me for immediate consideration Ana.Gutierrez@staffmark.com
What you will do, your responsibilities:
- Material Handler
- Forklift Operator – minimum 6 months experience on sit down or stand up PIT
- Compare identifying information and count, weigh, measure items of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Usage of Bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records as trained and directed
- Record receipt of incoming materials and equipment.
- Unpack and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records and reports shortages and discrepancies, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes checked incoming materials, supplies, or equipment to the stockroom, appropriate departments, or other areas.
- Prepares products or materials for shipment.
UPS, FedEx and/or DHL shipping processes used for this position
- Assembles shipping containers or selects pre-assembled containers, and inserts items to be shipped into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
- Closes and seals packages to be shipped.
- Recommends method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Affixes shipping labels, identifying information, and shipping instructions onto packed cartons or containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Prepares bills of lading and maintains documentation of goods shipped.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- May operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work areas.
- May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
- May perform only shipping or receiving activities, receive damaged or defective goods returned to establishment, or receive unsold products returned and be designated accordingly
Benefits: Referral bonus program, awards, fun food days, Major medical, 401K, vision, dental are also available
Jobs near me: Hangar Way, Watsonville, CA 95076
Visit us on social media https://www.facebook.com/Staffmark
Prior experience with recordkeeping, ability to use internal computer systems to access and document shipping or receiving records. Must be able to read and write English and provide direction to other trained employees. Ability to communicate to leads and supervisors on exceptions and or corrections as needed. Detailed orientation to record keeping and time elements of the position.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Receiving and Shipping Clerk
City, State or Zip Code: Watsonville, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 1/10/2019