Team Leader - Torrance, CA
Branch ID: 3212
Pay Rate/Salary: $21.00 - $22.00
A manufacturer of school furniture is looking for a team leader to assist with ther production . The qualified candidate Will be assisting the supervisor by overseeing a group of employees and maintaining inventory of components on a daily basis.
- Takes charge of department when the supervisor and/or team leader is away.
- Sets the production runs.
- Checks the inventory for materials necessary to complete the assignments.
- Feeds material to the production lines and interfaces with the material handlers.
- Checks the equipment to see if it is operating properly, safely and is ready for production.
- Continually checks quality of parts being produced, making sure all safety equipment is used correctly.
- Checks work orders to assure correct parts are ordered that will be needed for assembly.
- Fills out time cards, and other necessary forms.
- Conducts safety meetings and fills out accident reports in cases of injury.
- Verifies the quantities of the product produced to prevent over runs.
- Is the timekeeper for the department.
- Obtains the necessary purchased parts from stores and provides labels for the finished products.
- Completes supervisory duties such as split-offs, timecards, interviews, and disciplinary actions.
- Periodically assists in orienting and training lower level employees.
- Assists the supervisor and/or team leader with employees' performance evaluations.
- Able to work in a team of five to seven employees.
- Follows and implements all safety regulations and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping in work area.
- Will be using hydraulic and electrical hand tools, such as the electric pallet jack, pneumatic drill, glue gun, hammer, and rivet machine.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A minimum of one year of prior related skills is preferred. Demonstrates leadership ability in keeping the lines running and familiarity with parts, components and tools. Must be able to communicate effectively to motivate employees. Must have excellent problem-solving skills. Needs to be flexible with required working hours, including overtime. Good basic math skills. Knowledgeable on company's policies and procedures. Able to troubleshoot and make effective decisions within the department. Able to manage the department when the supervisor is away. Commercial driver's license is needed for Vehicle Repair Department. Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to chest and shoulder level. Occasionally pushes and/or pulls up to 100 pounds with a manual or electrical pallet jack. Able to withstand 8 to 10 hours standing on a concrete surface. Must wear applicable and proper protective equipment including, but not limited to, protective eye and/or hearing equipment to safely perform job duties. Will occasionally be exposed to chemicals, dust, heat, cold, gas, and/or fumes. Must be able to adjust physically to normal plant environmental conditions (above moderate heat and cold) and to adapt quickly to physical applications requiring varying motor skills.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Torrance, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 1/12/2019