Quality Technician - Anderson, SC
Branch ID: 1110
Pay Rate/Salary: At least: $14.00
Quality Technician will perform daily inspections of production material for compliance of the control plan using gages, micrometers as well as calipers. Daily responsibilities will be towards goods produced for shipment and to ensure the quality standards are met or exceeded for the customer while evaluating and reacting to performance issues.
- Visually monitor the quality of parts, including secondary operations, using specified acceptance criteria and standards.
- Assess the quality and accept or reject product during start-up, in-process, and final stages, based on quality criteria specified by the company and customer requirements.
- Perform first piece approval after process has been stabilized.
- Perform dimensional inspections on product to ensure compliance to customer specifications.
- Perform basic capability studies;
- Maintain awareness of customer complaints and internal rejections of the product being inspected by issuing quality alerts.
- Notifies supervisors and process owners of any detected non-conformances;
- Ability to segregate non-conformities and contain defective issues.
- Utilize a variety of measurement tools to accurately perform measurements;
- Maintain current and appropriate inspection documentation in product files;
- Document all discrepancies between the product and the written specifications per control plan.
- Participate in internal quality audits to verify compliance with established procedures; document results and verify corrective actions are taken
- Observes all Safety, Quality, and Productivity goal and procedures.
- Data entry as required.
- Performs non-routine tasks of incoming inspection and/or dock audits of product.
- Initial analysis of data points in SPC
- General 6S duties
- Work Instruction developments
- Gage R and R and other measurement system analysis developments
- Validate sort and re-work done on the shift
- Assist in the training of production personnel regarding quality standards and identification of cosmetic defects.
- Actively participate in problem solving activities.
High school diploma or GED Required. Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred. Automotive Core Tools knowledge preferred. IATF / TS 16949 knowledge preferred. Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Anderson, SC
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 1/14/2019