Billing and Collections Manager - Phoenix, AZ
Branch ID: 5549
Staffmark is partnered with an Arizona Family Law Firm that is looking for a Billing and Collections Manager to join the team. This group has an excellent reputation throughout the Legal Community and strives to make a positive difference in the community. We are looking for someone that can jump in and lead the team.
As the Billing and Collections Manager, you will also be responsible for managing monthly billing and collections.
- Collaborate with the Billing & Collections team on departmental enhancements, training, mentoring initiatives and skills.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are documented, maintained and understood by the Billing and Collections team.
- Coach staff as needed to ensure monthly billing and collections goals are met.
- Maintain open communications with staff, Billing Attorneys (BAs), Managers and Senior Management.
To successfully supervise and mentor the Billing & Collections Team, the Billing and Collections Supervisor will need to fully understand all aspects of the billing and collections software, policies and procedures and assume responsibility for several assigned BAs' client billing and collections. Those responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a working relationship with Legal Admins and team to assist with managing the inventory & including scheduling of monthly meetings.
- Prepare client invoices for current month's bills (current and prebill).
- Review unapplied receipt and retainer balances and apply to outstanding A/R as appropriate.
- Contact clients to collect outstanding balances and/or establish payment plans.
- Prepare client billing accruals and payment histories, account reconciliations and obtain copies of supporting documents as needed.
- Prepare and send monthly Statements of Account to clients with outstanding receivable balances.
Client Service Skills
- Prioritize and juggle multiple rush requests to meet month-end deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills to present information clearly and concisely so the end-user understands the information or instructions and ask questions to clearly understand requests.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, and good composition abilities.
- Organize and maintain working files.
- Law firm billing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Accounting Degree (Required)
Law firm billing: 5 years (Preferred) Accounting Degree (Required)
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Billing and Collections Manager
City, State or Zip Code: Phoenix, AZ
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 1/22/2019