Cost Engineer - Meriden, CT
Branch ID: 593
Pay Rate/Salary: $56,000.00 - $90,000.00
Deep knowledge of general machine shop practices including the capabilities of machine tools, especially CNC machining and turning centers. Skilled in tooling, tool nomenclature, tool geometry, heat treating and assembly. High-level knowledge of the machinability of ferrous and non-ferrous materials. Able to accurately calculate burden rates and other overhead costs into quotations.
- Works with very little supervision to accomplish a project accurately and in the time allotted, in addition to the functions listed below.
- Determine if customer requirements fit the capability of the company
- Develop processes and sequence of operations.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering personnel for special processes & fixturing.
- Accurately prepares quotations for precision machining.
- Complete customer RFQ's in a timely manner.
- Determine any outside services needed and request quotes from vendor/partners for such services.
- Meet and exceed customer satisfaction requirements.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of manufacturing processes.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with current and potential customers.
- Assist in the manufacturing process as needed.
Previous experience in a high-tech machining environment. Previous experience in an aerospace environment a plus. Minimum five years' experience in the machine tool industry.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Meriden, CT
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 1/22/2019