Batch Operator - Breinigsville, PA
Branch ID: 5401
Pay Rate/Salary: At least: $20.00
- Stage and prepare ingredients as outlined on mix batch sheets.
- Understands and effectively utilizes Tetra system automated controls to include system startup, continued production and CIP.
- Utilizing the Oracle production tools and wireless handheld computers to correctly issue and scan materials as they are consumed for production. This includes returning materials after the production run is completed.
- In conjunction with the maintenance department perform routine maintenance on all process equipment. This includes but not limited to: valves, pumps, O-rings gaskets etc.
- Performs a variety of quality and food safety checks to ensure standards and specifications are met (Brix, Bostwick, PH, Titratable acidity, Titrating of cleaning chemicals).
- Manage all functions related to cleaning and sanitizing the system and their work area.
- Perform and document all inspections of critical parameters as outlined by the official thermal process for each product.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating issues involving processing and mixing equipment.
- Communicate to all other facility personnel regarding any delays or problems in the batching area that would hinder production.
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations as required during the entire batching process. This includes addition, subtraction, multiplication, percentages, and ratios).
- Must follow all employee safety, food safety and quality procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Responsible for proper shift handoff with oncoming/ outgoing operators.
- All other duties as assigned.
Must be able to lift up at least 50 pounds
Must wear all required PPE as required such as protective gloves, aprons, face shields and safety glasses.
Leadership and ownership of the department, job responsibilities and job functions
- Manage all functions related to cleaning and sanitizing their work area, as per master cleaning schedule.
- Must be able to work independently as well as professionally with other team members.
- Complete all required production paperwork as required in a neat and professionally manner.
2nd and 3rd Shift At least two years of blending/ batching experience preferably in food manufacturing. Preferably forklift experience.Must possess the knowledge and understanding of basic math skills including weight calculations, averages and percentages. Must be able to read and write in English.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Breinigsville, PA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 1/25/2019