Operator - Richmond, CA
Branch ID: 3204
1. Operates complex distillation and process laboratory equipment maintaining round-the-clock operations under the direction of the supervisor/lead technician or operator.
Laboratory equipment includes large and small reactors, research units and distillation columns. Operating at elevated temperatures, high pressures as well as atmospheric and sub-atmospheric pressures.
(we understand that experience in this type of work, from the outside is rare so as a substitute for experience in this field we look for individuals that have good mechanical aptitude, are very trainable and work well on a team)
2. Full participation in Operational Excellence (OE) individually, on your crew and the ESU team.
3. Work schedule:
- HPPC - 12-hour days rotating on a refinery operations schedule **
4. Operates process units, utility systems, and related equipment in accordance with the requests of research scientists and engineers with oversight of the supervisor or lead technician. Ensures equipment is properly inspected to detect any unsafe or improperly functioning equipment.
5. Follows the work of new experiments, new additions or changes to process units and house systems to assure adherence to safe work practices
6. Provides support in sample handling activities for research and crude assay samples for internal and external customers and other internal labs.
7. Meets OE objectives and milestones.
Preferred Experience with:
- ROP or P-Tech school (Refinery Operator Training) experience/attendance
- Chemicals, heavy oil and distillate research or related materials
- Some knowledge of electrical systems
- Basic excel and word software
- Strong Communication
- Strong Commitment to OE in lab and office environments
** HPPC is a 12 hour shift schedule (5:00 – 5:00) operating 365 days a year. A typical 28 day schedule: day shift – 4 nights / 3 off / 3 days / 1 off / 3 nights / 3 off / 4 days / 7 off
Job Criteria: 1. Min: High School Diploma; Preferred: Associate degree, or equivalent in science, technology, mechanical/pipe fitting trade or related field 2. Must have Experience with: - (Min 3+ yrs.) Plant and/or Lab Operations experience (plant equipment and maintenance) or mechanical background work - Strong mechanical aptitude, process equipment and/or instrument technology - OE for Labs
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Not Specified Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Richmond, CA
Position Type: Not Specified Position
Date Posted: 1/28/2019