Accounting Assistant - Houston, TX
Branch ID: 5052
Pay Rate/Salary: $18.00 - $20.00
The position will perform data entry, initial setup and closure of jobs, and generate invoices/credit memos for the US division of the company. The position will work closely with project managers to reduce Aged WIP and increase invoice activity, work with AP to enter receipts for processing, and assist in collections as needed. This position will perform other duties necessary to help the Finance team meet its deadlines.
- Open jobs upon submission of all proper documentation by approved requestors.
- Generate and submit Invoices/Credit Memos upon job completion as requested.
- Close jobs once completed after ensuring all cost is accounted for and the job has been invoiced.
- Labor entry for direct hourly and direct salary personnel.
- Entry of miscellaneous receipts as needed.
- Generating weekly IP Aging reports and submitting to project managers for review prior to weekly IP meeting with branch managers.
- Enter Vendor Invoices by matching with PO receivers or proper GL coding in batches to be approved by Senior AP Specialist
- Maintain account payable filing system.
- Creating and/or maintaining Excel spreadsheets.
- Assist with month end close reconciliations and related reporting.
- Other administrative and accounting projects and tasks as assigned.
- Know and understand companies Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS: -Good communication skills, both oral and written. -Attention to detail -Computer literate/knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel software Ã¢â¬â
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Houston, TX
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 1/29/2019