Buyer - Torrance, CA
Branch ID: 3212
Pay Rate/Salary: $20.00 - $21.00
Staffmark is hiring a Buyer in Torrance, CA! We are looking for an experienced Buyer who will be responsible for purchasing electronic component materials/parts to support a dynamic customer demand. Successful candidate should have 5+ years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment. Ideal candidate should also have 2+ years MRP experience.
- Will be responsible for purchases (and returns) of materials, components and parts to support Production and Sales requirements.
- Communicate with internal/external customers and suppliers to obtain quotes and insure on time delivery of all open purchase orders
- Actively support Engineering/New Product Introductions. Locate and screen suppliers for new projects/requirements driven by the Design/Production Group. Obtain material/part quotes and place purchase orders to support NPI schedule.
- Represent Purchasing team in weekly Production Meeting to update Management on status of critical deliveries affecting short-term Production/Sales demands
- Negotiate expedites and de-expedites with suppliers to meet the Production/Sales requirements
- Coordinate and obtain supplier qualification surveys. Insure supplier set-up in MAS500 is accurate/complete
- Observe current purchasing strategies. Propose and implement new strategies to minimize stock levels through the implementation of programs such as JIT
- Under general supervision, coordinate/drive the company's RoHS Compliance program to its successful completion
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Strong, detail oriented leader who must demonstrate and exercise mature judgment Ability to deal with pressure/stress to support the growth of the organization Ability to continuously improve departmental capabilities Strong customer service and oral/written communication skills Ability to drive projects and programs to successful timely completion Strong negotiation skills to drive down costs without jeopardizing the product quality Comprehensive understanding and experience in JIT, TQM, KANBAN and other world class manufacturing practices Strong working knowledge in MRP and PC database MGT software (MAS 500 highly preferred) Strong knowledge of word-processing software (Word) and spreadsheets (Excel) Good understanding of forms and flow of BOMs, DMRs and RMAs.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Torrance, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 1/29/2019