Apple Grader - Mount Jackson, VA
Branch ID: 5845
Pay Rate/Salary: At least: $10.90
Staffmark is seeking a 3rd shift Apple Grader for Bowman Andros in Mt. Jackson! If you are looking for a new position in production, Staffmark would like to talk to you!
So why pick Staffmark? We offer:
• Comprehensive benefits program (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and more!)
• Employee Discount Programs
• Referral Bonuses
Job Summary: The Apple Grader's primary responsibility is to visually inspect incoming raw product for any foreign materials that may be attached or have been transferred from the farming area. The Apple Grader will also be required to remove and appropriately discard inadequate, damaged, or spoiled product, as well as debris, from the production process.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the flow of raw product through the pool and conveyors by matching the processing rate to ensure smooth and efficient production.
- Remove any debris from incoming materials that should not be processed with edible products according to quality standards, customer specifications and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's). This includes, but is not limited to: Leaves, cross cores, rocks, wood, etc.
- Remove any damaged or inadequate raw materials (i.e. spoiled or rotten apples) that cannot and should not be processed with edible products according to quality standards, customer specifications and SOP's.
- Remove and dispose of debris as needed according to SOP's.
- Adjust line speeds to maintain a steady and appropriate flow of apples through the grading area, to include the peeling area, as well as the canner pool.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area around the apple pool and grading area.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
- Other duties, as needed.
What's next? How can you come work for Staffmark?
• Check out our website and APPLY Today at www.mystaffmark.com
• Call or text us at 540-333-9817
• Email: email@example.com
Basic reading, writing & literacy; Ability to tolerate cold working conditions
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Mount Jackson, VA
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Mount Jackson, VA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 1/30/2019