Production Artist - Mechanical Printing - San Ramon, CA
Branch ID: 3277
Staffmark is seeking a Product Artist (Mechanical Art for Printing) to join our growing team. This person will be supporting an established, well-known global company with headquarters in San Ramon, CA.
The ideal candidate would be a freelance production designer/artist with strong experience (5-7+ years) in an Enterprise/corporate environment. The manager is seeking an organized, detail-oriented worker, who can work in a fast paced, intense environment. It is focused on production (rather than being a more traditional design role).
Location: Onsite in San Ramon the first month, but then work-from-home
Length: The initial contract duration is 6 months to start, but is eligible for extension.
Description: This person will be focusing primarily on Mechanical Development Artwork Released Proofing. The production artist will support a group that executes over 100 package changes a year. This person will finalize mechanical artwork for labels/cartons and work with internal and external stakeholders to approve and proof before production.
The tasks are:
- Label Mechanicals
- Carton Development
- Extracting Manuscripts/Content from current labels at project initiation
- Managing the asset library
- Managing SFMS uploads
- Facilitating Hero Labels and Images
- PADLE back-up
- Other Miscellaneous requests
- BA (ideally in Design or Design Printing)
- 5-7+ years' experience in Production design and preparing mechanical art for printing in a corporate environment
- Consumer packing experience is a big plus
- Detailed, methodical planning and execution ability
- Comfortable working in both Mac and Windows
- Experienced with Adobe Asset Management or other Asset Management Tools, as well as the Adobe Creative Suite and MS Word & Excel
- Knowledge of Offset Lithography, Flexography, Gravure, other printing processes
- Production Design or Production Art certifications
- Enterprise environment
- Consumer Packaging experience
- Fluent in Spanish - speaking/writing
BA (ideally in Design or Design Printing) 5-7+ years' experience in Production design and preparing mechanical art for printing in a corporate environment Consumer packing experience is a big plus Detailed, methodical planning and execution ability Comfortable working in both Mac and Windows Experienced with Adobe Asset Management or other Asset Management Tools, as well as the Adobe Creative Suite and MS Word & Excel Knowledge of Offset Lithography, Flexography, Gravure, other printing processes
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
San Ramon, CA
Apply for this Position
Production Artist - Mechanical Printing
City, State or Zip Code: San Ramon, CA
Position Type: Temporary Position
Date Posted: 2/04/2019