Technical Support Specialist - Costa Mesa, CA
Branch ID: 5148
Pay Rate/Salary: $21.00 - $25.00
As a Technical Support Specialist, you are capable of operating, troubleshooting, and administrating key IT systems. You are hands-on with a focus on customer service related to Level 1 and Level 2 IT Support duties. You will work closely with IT personnel and business partners to ensure IT support is seamless. The right candidate possesses strong communication skills and a desire to provide excellent service as a representative of our company.
Provides prompt, professional, and efficient end user support.
• Field incoming help requests from end users via walk-up, telephone and ticketing system.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Ability to work in person with end users to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
• Provides technical support to remote users and regional offices as required.
• Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
• Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
• Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
• Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
• Ability to identify root cause and provide clear and concise issue resolution.
• Must work effectively individually, and with a team.
• Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years of MS system support experience
- Experience working with administrative tools, Event Manager, profiles, and permissions.
- Demonstrated experience of providing technical support in an Enterprise business environment.
- Working knowledge of common desktop software applications, browsers, and security (e.g. - anti-virus) software.
- Demonstrated experience installing, configuring, managing, maintaining and troubleshooting PC systems.
- Strong writing skills relative to professionalism, clarity, concise information gathering, feedback, and written documentation during troubleshooting activities and resolution
- Preferred: A+, Network +, MTA (or other role-based MS certifications)
- Preferred: Experience supporting Autodesk and design software
Ã¢Ëâ You MUST HAVE the following: - Critical thinking and problem-solving skills. - Professional demeanor and comfort working with people at all levels. - Heightened sense of urgency and organizational skills. - Intermediate general knowledge of computer systems and software. - Basic knowledge of networking concepts, Windows server, and Active Directory. - Experience troubleshooting, updating, installing, and administrating Windows 7/8/10 and Office 365 applications. - Experience troubleshooting, updating, and deploying iOS and Android devices. - Experience troubleshooting and supporting business copiers and printers. - Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and installing computer hardware components (RAM, CPU, Hard Drive, etc.)
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Costa Mesa, CA
Apply for this Position
Technical Support Specialist
City, State or Zip Code: Costa Mesa, CA
Position Type: Temporary Position
Date Posted: 2/07/2019