Federal Business Development Manager - Columbus, OH
Branch ID: 593
FEDERAL - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Employee-owned company in Ohio is seeking a Federal Business Development Manager for either Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown, Columbus, Indiana or possibly remote.
This role would lead all aspects of the sales process from prospecting, pre-positioning, onboarding, and maintaining long-term client relationships within their Federal Practice. This individual will lead the collaborative process with company stakeholders to develop strategic goals / initiatives. In addition, the individual will work closely with the technical teams and the marketing department to develop tailored solutions that meet the demands of the market.
The desired candidate will have a significant amount of positive existing professional relationships within the landscape of the Federal Government. The individual will also be a subject matter expert on the following however not limited to, All Branches of The United States Armed Forces (Navy, Coast Guard, Marines, Air Force, and National Guard), United States Department of Labor, United States Army Corps of Engineers, National Recreation and Park Association, Federal Highway Administration, General Services Administration, and United States Department of Interior.
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering
- Minimum of ten years' experience working with or selling to The Federal Government
- Enjoy a challenging mix of prospecting, generating, identifying and qualifying opportunities
- Proven sales record and possess a significant amount of positive existing professional relationships within Federal Agencies.
- Display a deep dive approach into sales solutions, creating and delivering formal presentations, demonstrations, proposals, Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) and Statements of Work (SOW) for clients
- Generate new leads and develop those leads into long term clients
- Ability to successfully close sales /deals
- Develop and manage positive professional relationships
- Systematically track and present the status and results of all leads, presentations, RFQs, RFPs and other business development related client interactions.
- Work with financial and business planning models
- Develop attainable goals and the strategies required
- Prepare and deliver technical sales materials and presentations to customers and internal organizations
- Prepare, review, and approve technical exhibits and proposals
- Interface with the project teams to develop potential opportunities with existing clients
- Participate in team and company meetings at specific locations throughout the year as designated by the company
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Ability to develop and understand pricing models
- Ability to listen
- Demonstrate highly effective written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to develop and understand project timelines
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
Existing professional relationships within the landscape of the Federal Government
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Federal Business Development Manager
City, State or Zip Code: Columbus, OH
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 2/12/2019