Procurement Buyer Specialist - Sabina, OH
Branch ID: 593
Purpose of Job
This position ensures production and/or MRO components arrive on time to meet companies production or support of production requirements, meet required specification of drawing and/or requestors requirements, and keep proper inventory levels to support any customer demand changes.
Top duties or activities with the approximate percentage of time spent on each duty in a given year. Not all tasks/steps performed are listed.
Major Duty / Responsibility
- Monitor MRP messages and/or Purchase Requisitions and create purchase orders within JDE to meet requirements
- Monitor supplier performance, report issues, and support development of supplier to meet companies quality expectations.
- Monitor Supplier shipments to ensure they arrive on time to meet customer expectations.
- Work with suppliers on generating cost saving ideas such as changing resin, engineering changes, logistics savings, packaging savings, etc.
- Monitor inventory levels/customer demand and adjust purchase orders as necessary.
- Monitor freight budget and reduce freight spend as necessary to maintain under budget.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Other Information
Three years of Purchasing Experience
Special Training or Competency
Supply Chain Certification, Computer Literate - Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Monday-Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm. Off-hours as needed.
25% domestic travel.
If domestic travel is necessary, valid driver's license is required.
Sponsorship not available
3 years of Purchasing Experience Bachelors Degree
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Procurement Buyer Specialist
City, State or Zip Code: Sabina, OH
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 2/12/2019