Test and Design Industrial Engineer - Sabina, OH
Branch ID: 593
Define and document manufacturing processes required to produce products as assigned. This involves researching product design information (part and assembly drawings), Design FMEA, and required manufacturing technologies then applying industrial engineering skills to produce a process sequence, process FMEA, control plan, and tooling and manpower requirements. All of these must be communicated to a cross functional team involving Quality, production, and material services functions.
- Develop process design for new models to be produced. Activities and outputs include Process flow, Process FMEA, control plan, tool and equipment list.
- Support IPAS process for audit and integration with APQP system
- Coordinate activities associated with new model events. These activities require close cooperation and planning with the new model group specialist, materials, and production
- Maintain process documentation incorporating latest rejects and countermeasures verifying countermeasures are effective and Yokotenkai efforts spread across other areas that could experience the same reject.
- Support continuous improvement activities for manufacturing processes and department or plantwide procedures.
- Execute special projects, as required.
MINIMUM Knowledge, Experience, and Education
- Bachelors in Industrial Engineering.
- 3 years of progressive Process Design-related experience in automotive or similar manufacturing industry.
Special Training or Competency:
- Compute literate – Microsoft Word and Excel.
Maynard Operation Sequence Technique (MOST) certification
- Design of Experiments (DOE) Statistical Process Control (SPC) (preferred)
- Ability to create FMEA.
PREFERRED Knowledge, Experience, and Education
- Process design experience of product manufacturing in the automobile industry
Bachelors in Industrial Engineering. 3 years of progressive Process Design-related experience in automotive or similar manufacturing industry.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Test and Design Industrial Engineer
City, State or Zip Code: Sabina, OH
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 2/12/2019