Production Clerk - Torrance, CA
Branch ID: 3212
Pay Rate/Salary: $18.00 - $19.00
Performs various departmental data entry, administrative and clerical functions as determined by area of responsibility and communicates with customers and other Virco departments as needed to promote smooth, efficient operations.
- Performs data entry functions, filing, and any other clerical functions for the area.
- Uses advanced microcomputer software skills (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc.) in order to update and maintain the department's computer system and files necessary to support information requirements.
- Organizes work load to comply with deadlines and priorities, works independently to complete routine department functions and prepare routine correspondence, reports, forms, and the like to review by supervisor.
- Maintains and/or audits various files and/or reports.
- Interacts as needed with other departments and customers to resolve discrepancies and to accomplish departmental and business goals.
- Interfaces with supervisor to perform needed assignments and to resolve departmental issues.
- Properly handles confidential information.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Works overtime as assigned.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Must have 3 to 6 years related experience.
- Must have data entry and computer skills. A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and SAP is preferred.
- Must have good communication and mathematical skills and good analytical abilities.
- Must have good teamwork skills, be flexible, and be able to meet and maintain performance standards.
- Must have knowledge and proficient use of applicable office-related equipment.
Will be required to sit and perform computer work for up to 10 hours. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds to waist level. Frequent motion of hand, wrist, and fingers due to typing and data entry strokes, writing and phone handling on a daily basis. Occasional bending when filing. Must wear applicable and proper protective equipment including, but not limited to: protective eye and/or hearing equipment when walking out in the manufacturing area.
-Detail Oriented and Organized -Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook -Experience with SAP is a plus -Bilingual - Spanish is a plus -Must be okay with working in a Manufacturing/Factory type of environment -Flexible with tasks, shifting from one task to another
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Torrance, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 2/12/2019