Blow Mold Operator - La Palma, CA
Branch ID: 5028
Pay Rate/Salary: At least: $14.00
- Remove blow molded drum from mold or unloading device. Remove flashing from top and bottom of drum with hammer, set flashings aside to cool on cooling table (from 10 drums = 20 pieces), and inspect drums for obvious defects. Follow (LP-OSW-BOT, LPOSW-BSP), place good drums on cooling conveyor. Drums have to cool for a little while keep 10-12 drums on conveyor before leak testing. TEST drums for leaks in leak tester as required every UN drum. Take reject drums to regrind area and move TH drums to ringing area if necessary.
- Operators palletize their own drums and stretch wrap pallets, when applicable.
- Periodically weigh drum, check wall thickness with ultrasonic gauge or panametrics and ring groove diameter with diameter tape. Record measurements as required. (Drums are weighed and diameter readings recorded every hour. Thickness quality checks are done also every hour, see operators checklist for details.)
- Calibrate UN leak tester to ensure that all testing is done properly. Refer to work instructions.
- Place bung and vent plugs in drum, tighten with bung wrench. Visually inspect plugs, set aside those obviously defective.
- Place OH drums on trim cutter and cut top from drum, set trim aside to be reground, hand trim top edge to smooth out irregularities, check flange height with calipers, turn drum over and place on drum cleaner to remove all plastic shavings. Place cover and locking band on drum.
- Responsible for completion of various product specification sheets at machine and reporting of any variances to crew leader or supervisor.
- Assemble ID tags to drums as required.
- Stack drums on pallets and tie drums together with nylon strapping as required.
- Assemble Shrink Wrap Bags to pallets of drums as required.
- Keep assigned area and equipment clean, safe and orderly.
- Report at once any improper functioning of equipment or unsatisfactory quality of product.
- Recording/tracking of inventory and quality assessments.
- Chiller / cooling / pumps / freezer - other equipment general knowledge (on / off - observe running in conformance).
- Material - cap seals application.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: Blow Molding Machine Trim Cutter Scale, Calipers, Diameter Tape, Resin Blending Systems, Drum Grinder, Ultrasonic Gauge, Panametrics, Bung Wrench and Hammer Broom and Mop Wood Pallets, Leak Tester Cooling Conveyors.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
La Palma, CA
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Blow Mold Operator
City, State or Zip Code: La Palma, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 2/13/2019