Quality Technician - Baytown, TX
Branch ID: 3723
Pay Rate/Salary: $15.00 - $16.00
Staffmark is hiring Quality Inspectors to join our team at a brand new chemical plant packaging facility in the Baytown, Texas area. The primary responsibility of a Shipping Preparation Technician is to inspect palletized product in an outdoor storage yard and remove outer hoods (covering) from the pallets before they are loaded into shipping containers. These are emp to hire positions with opportunities for cross-training, career growth, and advancement.
Work Schedule: 10 hour shifts Monday-Friday with occasional weekends.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for handling finished product.
- Removes outer hood of stacks just before loading from storage locations to loading islands.
- Verifies lot numbers and pallet counts before loads or stacks go into containers and trailers.
- Performs quality control activities.
- Performs scrap and exception handling.
- Performs repair of broken stacks.
- Bin verification/ bin audits.
- Ensures clean work space and performs housekeeping activities.
- Responsible for identifying and eliminating potential slip hazards within the facility by sweeping plastic pellets.
- Collects empty liners for recycling.
- Prepares containers with inner liners.
- Supports pallet recovery and repair.
- Supports maintenance work.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to complete the task.
Must possess a valid driver's license. 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S. Stable work history with good references from past employers. Pass a drug screen and physical. Speak fluent English. Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold. Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE. Lift 60 pounds floor to waist. Push and pull 30 pounds horizontally. Carry 20 pounds while walking. Climb stairs and ladders. Stand 8-12 hours per day. Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Supply Chain - Logistics
Temp to Hire Position
Supply Chain - Logistics
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Baytown, TX
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 2/18/2019