Transportation Supervisor - London, KY
Branch ID: 168
Are you looking for an exciting new career as a Transportation Supervisor? If so, Staffmark would like to talk to YOU!
Staffmark is hiring for a Transportation Supervisor in London, KY!
What are the responsibilities of a Transportation Supervisor?
Supervise, lead, and mentor Transport Drivers.
Provide assistance to Transport Manager as it relates to training, improving efficiency of transport operations, data evaluation, effective and efficient utilization of equipment, and intercompany freight.
Prioritize Transport Driver workload
Assist Transport Manager in scheduling and assessing performance
Utilize continuous improvement mindset
Identify and implement opportunities to improve processes
Comply with and enforce all company work and safety rules and regulatory compliance rules and regulations
Use and enforce use of all personal protective equipment in compliance with OSHA regulations
Develop and maintain a positive, productive relationship with supply chain leadership team
Partner with all functional departments to ensure meeting business unit and company safety, service, cost, and people goals.
Must have the ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematical calculations
Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and varying shifts as needed
- Must be able to frequently stand, walk, kneel, reach, climb, pull, and bend with full range of body motion
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree in related field highly preferred; high school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Two years prior supervisory experience required.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement Methodology, highly preferred
- Must also possess a valid Medical Examiner's Certificate in accordance with FMCSA Part 391.41 prior to operating a commercial motor vehicle
- Must have a Class A commercial driver's license with Air Brake endorsement
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Ability to work in hot and cold climates, both indoors and outdoors and on refrigerated trucks
- Ability to work independently and/or on a team in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and systematic approach to problem solving is required
- Strong leadership skills and ability to train, mentor, and develop team members
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand, interpret, and explain complex sets of data
How can you come work for Staffmark?
- Visit our website and APPLY Today at www.mystaffmark.com
- Call or text us at 606-862-6767
- Email email@example.com
Staffmark offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, weekly pay including direct deposit, and more.
Pay is based on experience
Contact us today and learn more about this great opportunity!
Class A CDL Required
Staffmark makes all employment decisions without regard toward race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, status in regard to public assistance, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or membership in other legally protected classes. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-verify employer.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: London, KY
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 2/19/2019