Transportation Supervisor - London, KY
Branch ID: 168
Are you looking for an exciting new career as a Transportation Supervisor? If so, Staffmark would like to talk to YOU!
Staffmark is hiring for a Transportation Supervisor in London, KY!
What are the responsibilities of a Transportation Supervisor?
Supervise, lead, and mentor Transport Drivers.
Provide assistance to Transport Manager as it relates to training, improving efficiency of transport operations, data evaluation, effective and efficient utilization of equipment, and intercompany freight.
Prioritize Transport Driver workload
Assist Transport Manager in scheduling and assessing performance
Utilize continuous improvement mindset
Identify and implement opportunities to improve processes
Comply with and enforce all company work and safety rules and regulatory compliance rules and regulations
Use and enforce use of all personal protective equipment in compliance with OSHA regulations
Develop and maintain a positive, productive relationship with supply chain leadership team
Partner with all functional departments to ensure meeting business unit and company safety, service, cost, and people goals.
Must have the ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematical calculations
Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and varying shifts as needed
- Must be able to frequently stand, walk, kneel, reach, climb, pull, and bend with full range of body motion
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree in related field highly preferred; high school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Two years prior supervisory experience required.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement Methodology, highly preferred
- Must also possess a valid Medical Examiner's Certificate in accordance with FMCSA Part 391.41 prior to operating a commercial motor vehicle
- Must have a Class A commercial driver's license with Air Brake endorsement
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Ability to work in hot and cold climates, both indoors and outdoors and on refrigerated trucks
- Ability to work independently and/or on a team in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and systematic approach to problem solving is required
- Strong leadership skills and ability to train, mentor, and develop team members
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand, interpret, and explain complex sets of data
How can you come work for Staffmark?
- Visit our website and APPLY Today at www.mystaffmark.com
- Call or text us at 606-862-6767
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Staffmark offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, weekly pay including direct deposit, and more.
Pay is based on experience
Contact us today and learn more about this great opportunity!
Class A CDL Required
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: London, KY
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 2/19/2019