AP Clerk - Lawrenceburg, TN
Branch ID: 5121
Pay Rate/Salary: $14.00 - $16.00
Pay Rate: $14.00-$15.00 hourly - DIRECT HIRE
Currently seeking AP Clerks to work in the Lawrenceburg, TN area to provide support to department activities for processing payments: recording, updating and reconciling payable information.
- Receive and verify invoices and purchase order for inventory.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Reviews each invoice, looking for legitimacy, accurate coding, appropriate approval, and to ensure that the correct amount is paid
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
- Data enter invoices by following procedure for identifying correct receipts and adhering to matching guidelines.
- Process backup reports after data entry
- Maintain listing of accounts payable and the general ledger
- Maintain a variety of files and records (e.g. invoices, shipment verification, accounts payable, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and audit trail compliance with established policies, regulatory guidelines
- Research discrepancies of payable information and/or documentation for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy and adhering to established procedures prior to processing
- Communicate with vendors and stores concerning discrepancies
- Maintain and file documents as needed
- Any other duties as assigned by management
Education: Minimum of 2 years AP experience
Knowledge, skill and\or ability required:
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Must demonstrate high level of attention to detail and accuracy in a high volume environment
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and listening skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills
- Complete projects timely and accurately
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
High School diploma or GED 2 years minimum AP experience
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Admin - Clerical
Direct Hire Position
Admin - Clerical
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Lawrenceburg, TN
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 2/19/2019