Logistics Sales Supervisor - Springfield Gardens, NY
Branch ID: 5100
- Oversees the overall operations through management planning with a set objective and goal to maximize the profit and productivity of the department.
- Promote sales activities of the branch to maximize profit.
- Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the branch to exceed customers' expectations.
- Supervise staff in accordance with company procedures.
- Coordinates with other departments and warehouse operations
- Responsible for training and coaching employees.
- Increase Profit and Revenue; improve the sales operational and fiscal activities of the branch
- Sustains an excellent Quality of Service; Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department for customer service
- Develops the best organizational structure that will ensure an excellent customer service as well as employee satisfaction; Analyze and document business process and problems. Develop solutions to enhance efficiencies, Coordinate and implement solutions from process analysis
- Communicates with Subordinates, Supervisors, Managers and Headquarters on Department operations. Schedule and conduct department meetings.
- Responsible for selecting the most cost-effective carrier for direct shipments and consolidation shipments. Seeks the best carrier rates.
- Responsible for verifying accuracy of all shipping instructions and documents (e.g. verifying number of pieces being shipped versus count number on airway bill, etc.)
- Examines and may possible delay dangerous goods shipments if packaging does not FMC & IMDG regulations. If documentation is inadequate or incorrect, may return shipment to sender for repackaging.
- Ensures all special customer requirements and needs are met. Monitors all customer communications and responds when necessary. Recommends best method of transport (rail, air or ocean).
- Solves problems with shipment (e.g. canceled bookings, airline delays, lack of space on carrier and damaged freight, etc.)
- Prepares misc. reports (e.g. Profit report, cargo damage report and ISO).
- Takes initiative in developing new methods to increase business.
- Ensures Compliance of all Regulations. Supervises enforcement of FMC, C-TPAT security measures and DOT requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES – Logistics Sales:
- Communicates with Customers & Overseas Agents, developing and enhancing relationship.
- Make sure the rates are current and market value. Obtain better rates from carriers and trucking.
- Researches customers in expanding business.
- Takes corrective and/or preventive actions.
- Asses the results, performance of all subordinates and subcontractors. Provide all staff with a necessary training program.
- Prepares various reports, send out Surveys and Service Evaluation.
- Reviews Customer contract and rates. Prepares for rate quote, arrange booking and cargo pick up.
- Provides booking information and on-hand report to clients.
- Verifies invoice and Account Payable and Account Receivable, Coordinates and ensures to post Invoices on time.
- Support Export Operations, Import Operations to communicate with domestic and overseas Customers and co-ordinate the shipments.
- Check the shipments in the warehouse as needed to ensure that the shipping documents correspond to the actual shipments.
- Handle accounting processes accurately and in a timely manner as they apply to the export department.
- Responsible for special shipments, and/or be in-charge of special Customers which assigned.
- Take some of the booking requests and receive Customer service calls.
- Request documents from shipper as required, this includes the POA, Commercial Invoice, P/L, Insurance Certificate and SLI.
- Review standard operation procedures to ensure compliance with all regulations, TSA, ISO, IMDG and Export Control including AES/EEL.
- Complete proper export documentation and send pre-alerts.
- Notify Customers of any delays regarding arrival or delivery of their cargo.
- Assist with any duties or projects, set up Trade Shows when called upon and complete them in the time allotted.
- Contact new Customers in order to make appointments, or newly handle their Export/Import.
- Joint Sales with Sales person, prepare the presentation materials for Customers
- Collecting data/information as requested by Customers
- Other duties as assigned.
Oversee the overall operations through management planning Maximize the profit and productivity of the department
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Springfield Gardens, NY
Supply Chain - Logistics
Direct Hire Position
Supply Chain - Logistics
Apply for this Position
Logistics Sales Supervisor
City, State or Zip Code: Springfield Gardens, NY
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 2/22/2019