IT Help Desk Engineer - New York, NY
Branch ID: 5100
· Provide timely response to Help Desk requests via phone, email or in person.
· Document all end-user support activities within the appropriate tracking system.
· Provide written and verbal communication to end-users, and management on any call/problem tracking system ticket regarding status of reported problems/projects.
· Review daily work orders to address overdue tickets and escalate as necessary.
· Focus on problem solving and customer service to identify, troubleshoot and resolve various technical problems.
· Consistently deliver exceptional service.
· Assist in resolution of end-user support issues to ensure timely distribution of knowledge and positive impact on user satisfaction.
· Escalate problems to appropriate teams based on established guidelines and procedures.
· Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house.
· Participate in the planning and deployment of new/upgrade hardware and software products.
· iPhone logistics including: installation, asset management, service contracts, troubleshooting and repair services.
· Instruct and train users in proper use of PC hardware and software.
· Update and ensure accuracy of IT assets and inventory.
· Provide support and meeting setup for any IT requirements (audio, video and computer presentations) for meetings.
· Be “on-Call” for all periods as assigned by manager.
· Participate in a rotating schedule. Regular hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. This person will work noon to 8:00 pm one day a week and will also work one weekend approximately every 6 weeks. (Weekends are typically noon to 4:00 pm on both Saturday and Sunday.)
· Carry out other such duties as may be assigned or requested by management.
· Minimum of 5-7 years in an IT Help Desk environment, providing end-user support.
· BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information System Management or related field.
· In-Depth understanding of information systems technology to include common computer applications, operating systems, PC hardware, network and messaging systems.
· Experienced with a variety of Lenovo Laptops models.
· Experience supporting iPhone users including, set up, account creation, cloud usage, software upgrades, etc.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience supporting Microsoft Office 365 and its suite of applications.
· Strong understanding of client networking concepts and troubleshooting.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of software deployment applications.
· Knowledgeable in the administration of Active Directory and Exchange user accounts.
· High degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skill.
· Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous, and efficient manner.
· Ability to make quick, clear decisions with minimal supervision.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Windows Operating Systems XP Business Professional and Windows 10 Business professional Microsoft Office 365 Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange user account administration Microsoft Window Server Update Services Ã¢â¬ÅWSUSÃ¢â¬ï¿½ Microsoft Internet Explorer iPhone IOS Symantec Endpoint Protection Anti-Virus and Antispyware Symantec DLO Backup agent Ghost Imagining Lenovo Laptops & HP Desktop equipment Remote Access Cisco VPN Client Basic Knowledge Citrix infrastructure Experience with VMware workstation Plus
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
New York, NY
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
IT Help Desk Engineer
City, State or Zip Code: New York, NY
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 2/22/2019