Recycling Supervisor - Los Angeles, CA
Branch ID: 3212
Pay Rate/Salary: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00
- Provide leadership for the sort, grind, wash, and solid state polycondensation lines to exceed production expectations on a per shift basis, including orientation and training of new employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing concerns and resolving problems.
- Understand and enforce all safety policies and procedures. Ensure employee wellness through safe work practices including ongoing training and coaching of employees.
- Maintain efficient departmental workflow to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of products. Empower employees to create and implement efficient work practices utilizing the methodologies of 5S, Kaizen, and other Lean manufacturing practices.
- Review production schedules and coordinate employees to meet these schedules. Confer with others to coordinate activities with other departments or areas. Partner with plant leadership daily to coordinate production goals.
- Coordinate transfers as necessary to maintain plant inventory levels, track inventory at plant and warehouses.
- Perform duties of all positions on plant floor including machine operators, quality sorters, and forklift operators. Understand tasks well enough to train other employees and troubleshoot issues for employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
1 years' stable work experience in a related manufacturing setting, with 3+ years in a leadership capacity. Experience of a complete process cycle from feedstock through manufacturing of a final product. Plastic is a plus although any manufacturing process with a material flow from end-to-end is highly valued. Previous experience working in safety, maintenance or quality is a plus. A mechanical aptitude is also highly valued. Strong professional attitude with mature judgment and decision-making skills. HS Diploma or GED. Must be able to read and write in English, as well as proficiency in math. Ability to communicate clearly in Spanish a plus. Ability to drive a forklift required. Forklift experience and license/certification a plus. Demonstrated safe work habits and extensive knowledge of workplace safety is required. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to lift, push, pull 10 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis required. Ability to wear a hard hat, steel-toed shoes and other PPE required. Ability to stoop, kneel, crawl, squat, climb a ladder, bend, climb and reach on a regular basis is required. Quick learner, highly organized, attention to detail and dependability required. Must be available to work 3rd shift.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Los Angeles, CA
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Los Angeles, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 3/05/2019