Mechanical Designer Engineer - Memphis, TN
Branch ID: 2278
We are working with a client in Memphis area and they are looking for a temporary to hire Mechanical Design Engineer. The Mechanical Design Engineer will utilize SolidWorks, Inventor and AutoCAD to design mechanical components for the client's product line. This role requires excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well in a team environment. The Mechanical Design Engineer will work in an office setting, sitting at a desk at least 8 hours a day.
- Design mechanical components including, but not limited to, control systems.
- Read sales documents and specifications to fully understand the systems required for the components being used.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software/equipment to perform assignments.
- Generate designs per abstracts, layouts and approved established design drawings.
- Update designs per abstracts, layouts and approved established design drawings.
- Assess, plan and produce documentation for Modernization, New Sales Hydraulic and traction elevators.
- Work under close supervision for coaching, training and skill development.
- Effectively communicate and share information and ideas individually.
- Participate in meetings.
- Effectively function as a member of the team
- Identify problems and provide suggestions for possible solutions.
- Meets metrics for safety, quality, delivery and cost as a general function of the role.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In return, we offer temporary health benefits, competitive hourly wage, and direct deposit.
Associates Degree in Engineering is required, a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred Ability to work as an effective team member in a fast pace, ever changing environment 1+ years of Experience working with one or more of the following: SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Inventor Microsoft Office skills including Word and Excel
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Mechanical Designer Engineer
City, State or Zip Code: Memphis, TN
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 3/06/2019