Call Center Tech Support Associate - Houston, TX
Branch ID: 5052
Pay Rate/Salary: $16.50 - $17.50
The Asurion Call Center Tech Expert is responsible for providing exceptional customer support and technical expertise on the phone or via messages through our website, chat, and/or e-mail in a prompt, courteous, and efficient manner. They will assess tech issues and identify and deploy solutions for customers through one-on-one conversations. They will also explain device capabilities and wireless carrier data product offerings. They will engage with the customer to understand their technology and upsell protection/tech support solutions based on their needs.
- This is a direct hire position, meaning you will be an Asurion employee from day one.
- You will be helping existing Asurion customers with activations, restoration of content, app and email account set up, claim status support, and factory data resets.
· $16.50/hour before 5pm
· $17/hour after 5pm and all day on the weekends
· Monthly bonus opportunities up to $550!
· Vacation/Holiday pay
· Medical Insurance (health, dental, vision) on day 31 of employment
· Tuition reimbursement
· Many opportunities for growth within the company
Schedule: You must be available to work ANY shift offered to you. You will have a set schedule of 5 days (40 hours) per week. We are unable to accommodate any different schedule requests at this time.
- Troubleshoot technical issues for customer's personal devices; evaluate concerns and issues, identify and deploy solutions, and train customers on solutioning steps, if applicable
- Learn details of Smart Home Support and other product offerings to confidently and accurately upsell to customers
- Communicate company policies and procedures to customers
- Meet key performance indicator metrics for call performance measurements and sales goals; receive feedback/coaching from the management team including Trainers, Quality Analysts, etc.
- Utilize call center technology to input, track, and report customer issues
- Navigate company software programs, use web-based search engines and troubleshoot customer issues
- Escalate calls outside their scope to appropriate tier of Customer service support function
- Understand the latest bugs and solutions in newly released hardware and/or operating systems to provide exceptional, knowledgeable service
- Follows directives from Call Center Management (Coaches, Managers, etc.)
- To ensure we have adequate staff to meet our contractual service level requirements, regular and reliable attendance at the place of work is required
- Maintains excellent relations with all internal and external customers of Asurion.
- Interacts and assists with other Tech Experts on the team and various support functions, including Quality, Tech Leads, Training, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills/knowledge: Must have the ability to learn multiple hardware platforms and operating systems, including: Windows, Android, Blackberry OS, Apple iOS, wireless technology, wireless equipment, and applications. Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities, work in a fast environment, and manage time effectively. Must be a strong communicator, with an emphasis on effective listening and empathizing with customers, plus good phone etiquette (pace, tone, voice quality, grammar and articulation). Must be able to understand, identify, and upsell new products and solutions based on customer needs. Must be able to pass a hiring assessment, covering soft skill scenario modeling, business decisions, and product knowledge. Must be self-disciplined and work without close supervision. Experience/education: High school diploma or equivalent. Preferred 1-year experience in a customer service position (preferred call center experience). Bilingual skills a plus. Training - Routine training classes are required and/or offered during the employee lifecycle. Training may consist of classroom and/or Computer based training (CBT)
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Call Center Tech Support Associate
City, State or Zip Code: Houston, TX
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 3/06/2019