Production Operator - Vacaville, CA
Branch ID: 3203
Pay Rate/Salary: Up to: $14.00
We are seeking a reliable, dependable, and detail oriented operator with some production or machine operating experience. Operators will start up, monitor, adjust, change over, and shut down their assigned station primarily. Monitoring quality, efficiency, cleanliness, and working safely is key to the success of every operator.
Essential Functions: Efficiently and safely operate production line equipment to produce insulated metal panels, including:
- Perform the start-up and shut-down procedures for assigned production line area
- Perform duties and procedures as operator in the assigned production line area effectively, safely, efficiently, and as instructed
- Complete reports and answer inquiries as requested or assigned
- Maintain cleanliness of the assigned production line area
- Multitask with changing priorities and deadlines as directed by Foreman or Supervisor
- Effectively use industrial equipment and machinery, hand, pneumatic, and/or electric tools and other industrial tooling
- Perform changovers quickly, efficiently, and safely
- Use forklift to move panels as directed
- Assist with scrap breakdown as directed
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed by Foreman or Supervisor
Minimum education level:High school diploma or equivalent (GED) Must have two years prior machine or production operator experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting, or similar. Must have strong mathematic skills, the ability to accurately use a tape measure, and be proficient in the metric measurement system. Must have a high level of attention to detail. Ability to work up to 12 hour per day, and weekends as necessary. Ability to sit, and stand for extended periods. Must be able to walk, climb, bend, lift, grasp, pinch, reach, twist, lean, lift, push, pull, and other physical movements necessary to perform duties assigned. Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment with extreme temperatures, noise, dust and other conditions typical of a manufacturing plant environment. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Ability to verbally communicate effectively in English. Some stations require the ability to write or type effectively in English. Must be able to effectively use a computer and have basic proficiency in MS Excel. Must be able to use tools, equipment, machinery, etc. Must be reliable, dependable, and able to report to company location for assigned shifts. Prior forklift experience is a plus.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Vacaville, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 3/07/2019