Forklift Operator - Atlanta, GA
Branch ID: 5489
Pay Rate/Salary: $13.90 - $14.40
Sit Down Forklift Operators needed for 2 Dry Foods Distribution Centers in College Park! Operators are responsible for making decisions regarding the movement of pallets and materials to maximize the efficiency of the location and/or picking orders. Slip sheet and clamp experience a must! Sit down and stand up forklifts.
• Loading and unloading materials or picking orders from trailers using lift trucks and electric pallet jacks.
• Moving dry food products around the distribution center
• Stacking pallets or materials in the correct manor, following inventory control instructions
• Checking loads are secure
• Performing daily equipment checks such as checking fluid levels, cleaning air filters, examining equipment for damage or leaks.
• Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
• Responsible for maintaining performance expectations
• Must maintain a clean & safe environment working environment that meets quality standards
• High School diploma or equivalent
• High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
• Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records
• Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
• 1 year recent sit down or stand up forklift experience and 6 months clamp & slip sheet experience
• RF scanner and electric pallet jack experience preferred
• Understanding that overtime may be required
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions
• Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
VARIOUS SHIFTS AVAILABLE
Pay: $13.90-14.65/hr + OT. WEEKLY PAY ON FRIDAYS & DIRECT DEPOSIT
Outgoing personality, the drive to learn new things, and able to make decisions on the spot.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Atlanta, GA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 3/07/2019