Material Handler - Benicia, CA
Branch ID: 3203
Pay Rate/Salary: At least: $15.00
- Ability to safely operate all required equipment and use packaging equipment, UPS and/or computer systems as required.
- Uses judgment for moving materials/equipment requiring relocation and storage, proper packaging, and loading of materials.
- Pick up finished pallets and properly wrap on pallet wrapping machine to insure pallet integrity during transfer and shipment.
- Use handheld scanner/device to track all inventory movement in an accurate and timely fashion.
- May support and/or help execute special projects related to continuous process improvements strategies/initiatives.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature and requires an ability to recognize and report deviations from procedure or best practices.
- Supports inventory control and other departments by performing cycle counts to help maintain accurate inventories (real-time reporting).
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet/paperwork.
- Loads materials safely and conscientiously into trailers in a manner that prevents shifting or damage during transit.
- Must be able to work efficiently and safely in a fast paced production environment while supporting team members from other areas/departments.
- Perform other duties and participate in cross-training programs as needed.
FORKLIFT EXPERIENCE A MUST. Familiarity with food manufacturing processes and equipment, general knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) a plus. Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent. Prior manufacturing and forklift experience. Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). Previous experience with WMS and ERP preferred. Experience using RF scanners preferred. This is a swing shift.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Benicia, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 3/08/2019