Buyer - Brookville, OH
Branch ID: 508
Pay Rate/Salary: $20.00 - $25.00
Staffmark is looking for an Experienced Purchasing Buyer to fill a Direct Hire position in Brookville, Ohio. If you have Buyer experience, Staffmark wants to talk to you!
Responsibilities of the Buyer include:
- Research potential vendors and suppliers
- Request quotes for materials, products or services
- Negotiate pricing, quality, delivery, etc.
- Award bids and set up purchase orders
- Manage quality and delivery issues and changes with vendors
- Reconcile invoicing and debit memo issues
- Maintain record keeping
- Vendor visits
- Discuss new business opportunities
- Discuss quality issues of incoming material and products with Quality department
- Resolve invoicing issues with Accounting department
- Resolve shipping issues with Receiving department
- Work with Engineering and Sales on scheduling start-ups and build-outs
- Work with Logistics to set up transportation for incoming and outbound materials
- Work with Production on forecasting material needs, orders, and Production Control.
- Check floor inventory of materials to maintain target levels
Reports and Records
- Inputs to QAD system
- Maintaining various reports and data on spreadsheets to report to management
- Maintain vendor and packaging specification binders
- Create monthly reports and memoranda (i.e. inventory, planning, forecasting, cost savings, etc.)
Our Client Offers:
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Program (medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and more!)
- Vacation:10 days after 60 days of service
- 9 paid holidays including birthday plus much more!!
AS Degree in Business Management, Logistics, Operations Management or other relevant field of study or relevant professional experience; 1-2 years of professional experience in a Purchasing position for a manufacturing company, preferably in the automotive industry; Excellent spreadsheet skills; Excellent negotiations and influencing skills; Outstanding multi-tasking and organizational skills; Excellent mathematical aptitude; General knowledge of tool design, components, machinery and facilities relevant to the automotive industry; Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Brookville, OH
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 3/11/2019