Chief Maintenance Engineer - Pittsburg, CA
Branch ID: 5898
Pay Rate/Salary: $48.00 - $55.00
This position is responsible for leading the safety program within the service center, ensuring compliance in environmental and safety matters and for equipment and facility maintenance/repair. The Chief Engineer also manages utility consumption, operation of boilers, purchasing of parts and services, service center layout and equipment installation and maintenance to support efficient operations and optimum customer service. The Chief Engineer also holds primary responsibility for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the service center.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure compliance with safety and environmental regulations, as well as company policies and service center rules
- Co-ordinate the care and maintenance of all equipment with operations management to facilitate internal efficiency
- Maintain contact with regulatory authorities and insurance inspectors to manage safety and insurance requirement fulfillment
- Maintain constant interaction with supervisors and managers, as well as service center associates in order to maintain awareness of service center activities
- Purchase parts, equipment, and services to support operations within budget
- Utilize the company provided Preventative Maintenance Software to fully assure machinery remains in optimal condition
- Maintain the cleanliness and overall appearance of physical facilities to support operations and protect the company's assets, as well as manage and develop service center layout as needed
- Manage utilities consumption and ensure efficient boiler operation
- Lead service center safety program including ensuring all safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained and managing insurance requirements for equipment and facilities
- Manage the installation and maintenance of service center machinery to support efficient operations
- Design, develop and test and/or source and cost-justify various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods
- Prepare technical data such as qualification test procedures, acceptance test procedures, reports, component maintenance manuals, etc.
- Apply statistical methods and perform product/process analysis to management for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency
- Follow and enforce exposure control procedures within the service center, especially concerning maintenance in the soil sort and wash areas
- Partner with Ecolab in the coordination of the chemical inventory to ensure correct titration of chemicals, which directly affects the quality of the products, total chemical usage, and chemical cost per pound
- (Insurance minimums, hold harmless, etc.) to conduct business with AngelicaCoordinate relationships with outside vendors and verify they have the proper paperwork
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Chief Engineer manages 1-20 Engineers, Electricians or Custodians within the service center. The Chief Engineer is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees.
- 7 - 10 years' experience in a fast paced manufacturing setting - high speed manufacturing
- Proven experience in project management, meeting deadlines, directing a maintenance department, and managing and developing staff within a fast paced manufacturing setting.2-5 years management experience -
Must have experience in the following areas:
- Plant facility and support systems operation and maintenance
- Production/manufacturing equipment maintenance and repair
- Electrical/electronic (PLCs, 480V)
- Mechanical (conveyors, boilers, steam, plumbing)
- LOTO and training
- Work with large machinery
- Must be open to long hours, weekend, rotating shifts, and subject to calls during hours away from plant (24/7).
- Knowledge of boiler operations
- Operating engineer's certification
- Good human relations skills to provide leadership and work with service center team
- Computer literacy
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution
- Certified in OSHA programs and practices
- Experience with hazardous chemicals
Work Environment: This position exists within an office and service center environment, including hot, noisy, and wet conditions. This position requires constant walking throughout the service center, carrying of tools and equipment of up to 75 pounds on occasion. Within the service center environment, there is constant exposure to hazards including confined spaces, chemicals, steam under pressure, climbing, working in positions above and under equipment, and throughout and outside of the facility.
Score 85 or higher on Ramsay test. B.A. or B.S. degree in Industrial, Process or Mechanical Engineering. Experience within the commercial laundry services industry. Bilingual - English/Spanish.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Chief Maintenance Engineer
City, State or Zip Code: Pittsburg, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 3/13/2019