Maintenance Mechanic - Los Angeles, CA
Branch ID: 3212
Pay Rate/Salary: $22.00 - $30.00
- Determine priorities of work order completion and work with maintenance planner to complete workload.
- Respond to break down and scheduled work effectively.
- Work with maintenance planner to identify spare parts and quantities needed on hand.
- Respond to all machine failures; troubleshooting, repairing and rebuilding all major equipment during production breakdowns with minimal supervision. Mechanical understanding including pneumatics, hydraulics, welding skills, machining skills, ability to understand, troubleshoot and repair bearings, bushings, belts, conveyors, power transmission equipment, etc.
- Establish and adjust work schedule to production needs. Build, service, overhaul, modify and perform preventive maintenance work on all equipment in the production facility. This role is a highly technical position that includes partnering with the engineering and production teams.
- Inspect and provide quality analysis for all third-party installations, modifications, and repairs.
- Provide insight and recommendations for continuous improvement on production, equipment and performance and product quality.
- Troubleshooting, installing and repairing AC/DC motors and drives, PLC's, linear actuators, etc.
- The greatest challenge facing this position is adaptability and flexibility as we build our new facility. A key to success is to maintaining agility in meeting the needs of the facility and ultimately, our customers.
- The effectiveness of this position is measured by downtime, quality of equipment maintenance, and flexibility to satisfy internal customer requirements.
- 5+ years' prior work experience in a manufacturing maintenance or equivalent combination of education (technical degree or certification) and experience required.
- Extensive practical knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems and welding required.
- Previous electrical systems and controls experience desired; including diagnosing, repairing and modifying of single and three phase systems and components. Programmable logic controls (PLC), such as Allen Bradley, electronic controls, and VFD's knowledge strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated safe work habits and extensive knowledge of workplace safety is required.
- Ability to read complex drawings and perform simple mathematics is required, HS Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to lift, push, pull 10 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis required.
- Ability to wear a hard hat, steel-toed shoes and other PPE required.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crawl, squat, climb a ladder, bend, climb and reach on a regular basis is required.
- Previous experience driving forklifts and utilizing material handling equipment preferred.
- PC proficiency a plus, especially Windows-based programs such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service and communication skills.
Strong Manufacturing Background
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Los Angeles, CA
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Los Angeles, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 3/13/2019